Adyen Pay Set-up guide
Payment Processing using Adyen
Total Drive Payment processing allows pupils to pay for their lessons through the app.
In order to take payments through the Total Drive system via the app itself and your website if you wish you will need to set up payment processing. This is set up through the web administration system at www.totaldrive.app. You will need your TD Pin number and the same username and password you use to log into the app to access the Web Administration.
Once you have accessed and logged into the Web Administration system at www.totaldrive.app you will need to navigate to the Accounts menu (top right) and select the “Book & Pay Setup” option.
If you simply wish to enable Lesson Payments you will need to view the “Pay” tab.
Setting up Payment Processing step by step
- Log into the web admin at www.totaldrive.app
- Click on Account (top right) & Select ‘Book & Pay Setup’ menu option
- Select the “Adyen Account” tab
Adyen Fee Structure & Account Creation
- Select who will be paying the service fees associated with payment Processing by using the slider.
- Press save
- Complete all the fields fully from the First name through to the phone number
- Press the ‘Manage Account’ button
- Add your payout Bank details
Once your Adyen account has been set up click on the ‘Pay’ Tab
Pay Tab Step 1: Categories
Now that you have set up payment processing you are ready to add the correct categories to the system. You can add as many categories as you wish to the system, you will see there are 3 default ones added to get you started although you don’t need to use these.
Each category needs a Title and where products added to this category will be shown
- Show in App: any products added will only show within the pupil app
- Show on Online: Any products added will only show via the external buttons (See Step 3 Payment Widgets Tab)
- Show in App & Online: Any products will be available to both existing app users in the app and also new users via the external buttons
Each category you add will present itself as a different tab within the pupil app and online payment buttons. There is often no need to add any more than one Category called ‘Driving Lessons’ if you only have one set price for lessons regardless of whether they are for Auto or Manual lessons. You may however have reason to create a number of categories such as:
- You charge a different price for new pupils than existing pupils e.g. You would set up 2 categories: Existing Pupils & New Pupils
- You provide more than just standard driving lessons e.g. Pass Plus, Motorway, Trailer
- You provide Block booking Discounts for 5, 10, 20 hours
Once you have set up your desired categories save and continue to the products section
Pay Tab Step 2: Products
Now that you have added Categories you are ready to add products to each category. We have set up the system in such a way that accommodates most scenarios when used in conjunction with categories such as:
- Different rates for New Pupils than existing pupils
- Different rates depending on the gearbox type
- Or a combination of any of the above
- Type in the Title of the product (i.e. 1-hour lesson)
- Add in a Subtitle if you wish for description purposes
- Choose which category the product should be added to
- Add in the product price
- Select the number of minutes or hours the product is for
- Select the appropriate gearbox for the product
Overriding products with Personal Rates
Each pupil’s profile has 4 areas to add specific rates applicable to the pupil. This can be useful if you are providing lessons at a different rate for specific students. This could be due to them being a friend, having a different rate due to area or perhaps they are on an older rate following a general price increase. If you wish you can set prices for every pupil individually even if they are all the same rates and this is all you need to do to start allowing pupils to pay for lessons through the App.
However, if you wish to allow new pupils to pay for lessons or buy Blocks of hours who are not yet on your system (perhaps through your website) you will need to set up categories and products in their respective tabs within the Book & Pay set up page.
Step 3: Payment Widgets Tab
Within the widgets tab there are links and iframes to enable you to add these booking links and /or buttons to areas outside the App such as a website, social media page, email footers or simply to email or text the payment link to pupils.
Ensure ‘Take Payments’ option is set to ‘On’ and choose who you would like to be able to pay for lessons
Who Can Pay
- Active Pupils: Selecting this option will allow pupils to pay through the Total Drive Pupil App
- Anyone: Selecting this option will allow pupil to pay through the Total Drive pupil app and new pupils through the iFrame widget
The iFrame Widget provides an iframe to use on websites. In order to use this widget, payment processing needs to be set up as shown above. The iFrame embeds what you see when clicking the link directly into a web page so that it appears to be part of your actual website (speak to your web designer about using the iframe option)
IMPORTANT: If you were a previous Stripe user please ask existing pupils to log out of the app and back in again to refresh the pay system on their app. Until this is done they will continue to use Stripe